Monday, August 7, 2023

Post Title

There was an internal destiny
the waterlogged nasturtiums missed it.
Like the ferns jutting from a moth's nose
Sal starred from his bed for a long time.
He walked out of his hotel room
and down the hall to the ice machine.
There he met a girl who smelled like kindness.
It was later that evening I was born.
I know I owe a lot of people 
looking for a cold drink
or who hear the rumbling of ice
now that the world is melting
and we are fleeing its shorelines.
I know. I pulled my car over, stopped,
for a moment to look back in hope 
that this extinction 
might give birth to something.



No comments:

All Life is like this Afteroon

All life is like this afternoon on your young sandy face the weight of the stars the body tasting like snow a slipcover of communic...