Saturday, August 8, 2015

Morning at the Zoo

Morning at the Zoo

The orangutan told me that I was wasting my life.
That I should quit my job and go move out to Idaho
and fish.  "That is what you want to do anyway." he said.
"Look at you."  I said angrily.
"You, you're stuck in a cage."
"Who are you to give me advice?"
Who is in a cage? he said.
"Ha, don't try that on me," I said.
"I don't buy it."
"You were probably raised here
by baboons." I said
"What do you know about being out?"
He looked at me with his sad eyes.
I said, "I'm sorry."
"It's just that I felt you kinda of attacked me."
"No," he said
"I was just trying to give you some good advice."
"You come here every day and we talk and talk."
"And I just thought, I could finally be myself around you."
"And since we are friends, I could tell you how I felt."
"I'm sorry," I said.
"It was the sweetest piece of advice I've ever got."
I decided not to visit the other animals
and left the zoo shortly after that.

No comments:

All Life is like this Afteroon

All life is like this afternoon on your young sandy face the weight of the stars the body tasting like snow a slipcover of communic...