Monday, November 9, 2015

With a Pie and a Sad Luck Story

When yesterday happened a singular mood swept the room.
I had been walking down Elm road lower than the elms,
but when no one was lingering with a pie and a sad luck story
I came in and picked up the tinsel.  Stephen was telling a story,
"Do you know what a Brahman is?  A Brahman is a very good
and gentle kind of man who lives in India and who treats
all beast as if they were his brothers.  There is a great deal
to know about Brahmins but that is enough for the story."
I had once crooned with my setter over an instinctive
loneliness but that was about all I could muster from my unborn
penmanship.  I 'd thought I'd head for home, but the house
snuck off to Long Island.  The afternoon survives but
becomes a darker representation of itself.

No comments:

All Life is like this Afteroon

All life is like this afternoon on your young sandy face the weight of the stars the body tasting like snow a slipcover of communic...