Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Death Has Its Day

I threw a few ducks
into the room
until someone laughed.
"Are you doing this
for the money?" Ray asked.
"I don't think so." I said.
By now everyone was feeling
healthy which was good because
we thought we'd lost Brian.
"I was just trying to tip the scales.
Here have a cookie."
Then there came a knock
upon the window.
"Open up." called a voice.
Ray and I scrambled over
and without thinking
threw up the sash.
Rose cried, "What are you people thinking!
It could have been a Bear!"
"Oh really!" I chuckled.
It was then a glassy
hand beckoned and when
we looked back at the sofa
Brian was gone.



No comments:

All Life is like this Afteroon

All life is like this afternoon on your young sandy face the weight of the stars the body tasting like snow a slipcover of communic...