Sunday, March 30, 2008
The Coast
This is the beach where the fiddler crabs first drew the outlines of their slanted homes among the eel grass. The beach where catapults were first used on people. Where the wind would kick up the writer’s papers forcing him to run home to his slippers and cognac. The beach where William the conquer set out to bring Shakespeare a dictionary. The beach where there were a few suicides, and murders and where people got caught in the riptide. Where every day for a few weeks a boy was swept away. It is the beach where the war added casualties. Where Borges added a mythology. Where I added a few stones and you your Dansani as this ever expanding horrible world of seaweed swayed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Clever with Chalk
Remember the morning I came down and convinced Us we were dead? Being too early And too quiet to prove otherwise We believed it A gre...
-
Last night we finally got wind of the new greeting card. It sounded like shrimp head or lunch pail. But those are things of profound sadness...
-
For A Few I am not a carpenter And this is not a religious poem So just forget your prejudices For a few. As I was saying I am not a carpent...
-
All life is like this afternoon on your young sandy face the weight of the stars the body tasting like snow the slipcover of communication f...
2 comments:
there are some great lines in this, but I don't like the order they're in. I also want to see your formatting. I can imagine seeing the words rippling along the edges of blank paper ...
What do you know?
Post a Comment