Monday, September 7, 2026

September 7, 2026

 



Sometimes in the jangle 

of the day

Are the words, I love you.

But what is the truth?

Being truthful?

Or was it the moment I let you down

The breeze stirs

 on top of the river

And blows on

The fish move faster 

in the current

Slack and then snap 

angrily at the darts

plopping in among the surface

Is this a memory?

A history of thoughts 

Dropped to the enemy

A ghost without

Its muscles its bones 

Nothing but a husk

And here we think

It to be—know it all

The last two days 

You have gone mad

And once again I 

Cannot help you 

Though I be still

Fishing—

Writing on this page

Flesh and bone 

and mostly spirit.



No comments:

Clever with Chalk

  Remember the morning   I came down and convinced   Us we were dead? Being too early And too quiet to prove otherwise  We believe it And a ...